Information regarding COVID-19 in South Grey
Updated April 12, 2021
Current Situation in Grey Bruce
As reported by Dr Arra, the chief Medical Officer of Health in Grey Bruce:
12 new cases reported in past 24 hours in Grey Bruce
Kincardine-3, Owen Sound-2, Chatsworth-1, Hanover-1, Meaford-1, South Bruce-1, Southgate-1, The Blue Mountains-1, West Grey-1
- 946 confirmed cases — includes 93 cases of Variants of Concern, 28 active
- 2 cases referred in from other Health Units: Southgate-1, The Blue Mountains-1
- 90 active cases
- 405 high risk contacts
- 852 recovered cases
- 1 cases currently hospitalized, 1 Grey Bruce residents hospitalized outside of Grey and Bruce
- 3 deaths, 1 additional death related to a Grey Bruce resident who acquired the infection outside of Grey Bruce.
- 85 cases reported in Health Care Providers living in, but working in or outside of Grey Bruce.
- 37,562 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Grey and Bruce.
- Vaccine shipment of March 29, 5850 doses.
- 0 Facility(ies) in COVID-19 outbreak. Reported in Hospitals
- 0 Facility(ies) in COVID-19 outbreak. Reported in Long-Term Care/Retirement Homes
- 0 Facility(ies) in COVID-19 outbreak. Reported in Schools
1 school in suspect outbreak – Beaver Valley School,
- 0 Facility(ies) in COVID-19 outbreak. Reported in Childcare Centres
Future Vaccination Planning:
Week of April 12
Vaccinations will focus on: clients 60+ (Hockey Hubs); First Nation Communities; any remaining phase 1 qualifying residents; congregate settings, family health team clinics; participating pharmacies, clinics specifically for immunocompromised, school and childcare staff, those with the highest and high risk health conditions. For Stage 2 Priority Groups see Vaccine 3 Phase Plan (publichealthgreybruce.on.ca)
- Those turning 60 this year or older, can make appointments through the provincial on-line booking system for COVID-19 vaccinations at https://ontario.ca/bookvaccine. Those without access to the internet can call the toll-free number 1-888-999-6488.
- Clients without a health care provider will be directed to call 1-888-999-6488 to schedule their appointment.
- For detailed Frequently asked questions – visit: Grey Bruce Health Book Vaccine Appointment
- Appointments are not available by calling your healthcare provider or the Health Unit.
- No one will be left out. The Health Unit will ensure all priority populations are serviced.
Grey Bruce Health website
Grey Bruce Health vaccination planning
Grey Bruce Health daily COVID cases
Ontario COVID-19 stats with graphs
Stats with the number of cases from around the world
WorldOMeter Canadian Stats on COVID-19